Matcha Latte, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
This miracle elixir has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East, and is now considered to be one of the most powerful superfoods on the market today!
Matcha Green Tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the tips of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha Green Tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into very fine powder. Matcha Green Tea powder is then stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve its brilliant green color and antioxidant properties.
I love Matcha: its taste, its aroma, its texture and its numerous benefits to the body, mind and spirit. Matcha, let me try to count the ways of how much I love thee.
1. Rich in Antioxidants: The first amazing benefit of Matcha Green Tea is that just one bowl provides over 5 times as many antioxidants as any other food; it is the highest-rated food on the ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) method. But not all antioxidants are created equal. Green tea contains a specific set of organic compounds known as catechins. Among antioxidants, catechins are the most potent and beneficial. One specific catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) makes up 60% of the catechins in Matcha Green Tea. Out of all the antioxidants, EGCg is the most widely recognized for its cancer-fighting properties. Scientists have found that Matcha Green Tea contains over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea on the market. Additionally, just one bowl of MatchaGreen Tea provides substantial quantities of Potassium, Vitamins A & C, Iron, Protein, and Calcium.
2. Enhances Well-Being: For over a millennium, Matcha Green Tea has been used by Chinese Daoists and Japanese Zen Buddhist monks as a means to relax and meditate while remaining alert. Now we know that this higher state of consciousness is due to the amino acid L-The anine contained in the leaves used to make Matcha. L-Theanine promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation. Another side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to enhance mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration – something that can benefit everyone!
3. Increases Stamina, Energy, and Endurance Level: Samurai, the noble warriors of medieval and early-modern Japan, drank Matcha Green Tea before going into battle due to the tea’s energizing properties. While all green tea naturally contains caffeine, the energy boost received from Matcha is largely due to its unique combination of other nutrients. The increased endurance from a bowl of Matcha Green Tea can last up to 6 hours and because of the effects of L-Theanine, Matcha drinkers experience none of the usual side-effects of stimulants such as nervousness and hyper- tension. It’s good, clean energy.
….And are you ready for this?
4. It Burns Calories: Drinking Matcha Green Tea has also been shown to help the body burn fat about four times faster than average. Again, unlike many diet aids currently on the market, Matcha causes no negative side-effects such as increased heart rate and high blood pressure.
5. Detoxifies the Body: During the last three weeks before tea leaves are harvested to be made into Matcha, Camellia sinensis are covered to deprive them of sunlight. This causes a tremendous increase in chlorophyll produc- tion in the new growth of these plants. The resulting high levels of chlorophyll in Matcha Green Tea not only give this tea its beautiful vibrant green color. Matcha is also a powerful detoxifier capable of naturally removing heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body.
Dr Smood’s Matcha Latte is a great combination of concentrated Matcha powder with Cashew Mylk for added silkiness and savory taste. A tea that is truly unique in every way. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious hot or iced Matcha.
Here is to your Best Health Ever!